Saturday, April 27, 2019

Getting A Few Things Done

This morning I was up before Patrick. Then he got up and we were out the door to moms. We picked her up to go to DeGodies (sp) for hanging baskets. Patrick and mom picked out the flower they wanted in their baskets. I pretty much go along for the ride. I'm not the gardener so it doesn't bother me. I did enjoy seeing all the flowers.

After dropping mom off at home, we came back to our place. I played a little on my games. Then went downstairs to finish up the quilt top. I have the quilt top done. I forgot to take the picture of it. I also added a border to the panel I have down there. I didn't take a photo of that either. I will try to do that later.

Once I finished working on those, I came back upstairs. I needed to get a few things going for supper and for dessert. I wanted to have a gift for Kim since her Birthday was last Saturday. I was going to give her a gift last Sunday but they cancelled bowling. So, I made a almond bread - that didn't cook long enough - but I covered myself and made cinnamon buns. It never fails - when I want to make something for someone, it doesn't usually come out. So, I wanted to make sure if one didn't come out the other one would. I can hope. I will find out tomorrow. Time will tell.

Then I started to work on the next snowman in beading.


I got a few lines done. I'm happy with the way it's coming.

Then I decided to get moving on the cross stitching.


It's been awhile. I need to work on getting the right colors going. Some of the colors aren't in the right place, but I'm getting the rest of them in the right place. I was thinking of starting some of the outlining. I'm not sure if I will but it's a good idea at least.

So, all in all, it was a good day. I finished a quilt top, I started another snowman, and I got back to cross stitching. Not a bad day all in all. It's called Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...