Saturday, April 20, 2019

Half Way Busy Day

This morning we were up and out the door to Costco. We did shopping of us, mom and Phil. So, on the way back is was time to drop things off. We stopped at moms and invited her over to the house tomorrow for King Crab Legs. Then we headed to Phil's and dropped off his stuff. He really didn't ask for much. It was good to see him.

Then came home. I was a little tired but I stayed up. I put the groceries away with Patrick. Then he went out to mow the grass. I messed around the house. I got some laundry going. Patrick needed some T-shirts, so I had to get the whites in the wash. I always wash them last...lol. I hate doing white clothes.

I pulled out the obituary of Al. I added him to the "Findagrave" website. He's a dear friend to the family. I didn't want him to be forgotten.



Then I checked me email and was surprised yesterday but someone saying they had information on Lula Taylor. She was hard to figure out. That was the one sister of Albertus that I couldn't get information on. Come to find out, she was married twice. Dad thought she was married twice but wasn't sure. Then the information he had, said she had 3 children by the first husband and then abandoned him. So, he filed for divorce. All this is news to me. So, it was nice to be able to add more information to my tree.  Divorce was more common then they make you think in the early 1900's. I have several members in my family that divorced. I need to figure out if my 2nd great grandfather divorced his last wife. He was married 5 times.

After working on that, I decided to work on my beading. I put the big piece away because we need the table tomorrow to eat on. So, I pulled out the snowman.


I'm happy with the way it's coming along. I need to get caught up to Sandy so I can help her. She's to the point of starting the point.

I called it done at that point because I need to change the thread and it's in with the bigger piece. I then started to get back to the word chart on the #3 snowman and noticed I was completely off with the chart. Which made me start over on it. I couldn't believe how much I got off!

Now, it's time to call it a day. At least I was able to do some form of craft today. That makes it a day of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...