Wednesday, April 3, 2019

QOV Presentation Day

This morning Sherry wasn't able to go walking, so I head out and walked. I got over to the golf course area and it started raining. I ended up cutting my walk down. I ended up getting soaked on the way back. I did get 21 mins in, so that's good.

Then I loaded up the car with the quilts and all the stuff I needed for the presentation. I went to the Veteran's Memorial Museum early so I could get ready for our meeting. I got there finding out that Sue and Faye were already there. I was surprised at how early they were.


One of our Veterans that we honored was Jim Long. He served in Korea. I believe he was the one that was injured and sent to Japan before coming home.


He still fit in his military uniform!! This man was awesome!! He received the quilt that mom and I put together. It was an honor to give him the quilt. We had a very good service and honored 6 Veterans.

By the time I got home, it was 3 pm. I relaxed and played on my tablet for awhile till Patrick got home. We had left overs for supper and then were out the door.

It was bowling night. We lost 3 games. We won the first game. I bowled a 172, 174, and a 165. I blew it in the last 2 frames. I was doing good the second game and almost had a "dutch 200" but I messed up in the last 2 frames - never fails. We had a great time tonight. Bowled a team that we really like.

I wasn't able to work on any quilting or cross stitching, but I was happy presenting quilts to Veterans. Tomorrow is another day to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...