Tuesday, May 7, 2019

A Day Of Volunteering And Bowling

This morning I was up earlier than usual. I needed to get my walking in before 9:30 am. I was due at the museum by 10 am.

Cherry and I got our walking in, and she kept talking as I was trying to leave. By the time I got back to the house it was already 9:40 am. So, I had to get moving. I got the meat out of the freezer and headed to the museum. I was able to be 5 mins early, but that wasn't what I had hoped for.

Greg (one of the museum's directors) trained me on what I needed to do for volunteering over the summer on Mondays. I will be doing the 2nd and 4th Monday of the month. They asked if I could do the 18th and told them it's my Birthday, so no. Then I told them I wasn't even going to David funeral on the 18th. He chuckled over that. I was working the museum till about 3 pm, when a HS student came in. She had to get 10 hours in before the year was out. So, I told her she could take over for me and I'd go home. I need to go another day or two before next month so I can get it down on what I need to do. There is a lot to do. I really like being there with the others. Veterans are so much fun to be around. They really didn't have a lot of visitors today, but it was fun all the same. They are going to be open on Monday's this year for the summer to see how it goes. A lot of people commented that they came on Monday and it was closed. So, they want to see if it will hep. Hence me helping out.

Then when all was done, it was time to go bowling. We are bowling 9 pin no tap league for 8 weeks. Tonight was the first night. It went really well. Joann and I beat the guys. I bowled a 188, 256, 199. So, I'm okay with that. Had a few splits but over all it was fun and I didn't pretty good. I would have liked to have had a 200 all three games but that's the way it goes. Patrick and Nick were a 500 + series, while Joann and I had a 643 and 640. Joann is doing so much better. She had her ball fixed up in Federal Way. I want to go to that guy in Federal Way for another ball or even to see if this one is drilled wrong.

I wasn't able to be stitching today. Tomorrow is another day and I'm looking forward to being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...