Friday, May 17, 2019

A Good Day With Mom

Today I was up and out the door to moms. We had arranged for us to go out to lunch for my Birthday. We could spend lunch together, since she is going to the funeral tomorrow.

I arrived around 9 am. Mom was just done with walking Daisy. We left for Olympia to return some of Al's Xfinity stuff. Our first stop was at Xfinity. Then we went to JoAnn Fabrics. I bought a couple ornament displays. I was able to hang my cat ornament on it. I bought 2 so I will put the snowman on the other. I wasn't sure if they would work, so I only bought 2. I wish now that I bought more. They were half price. I found them in the doll area. After that we went across the way to Ross. Mom bought a pot. When we were done there, we headed over to Sharon's. Bill had both quilts done. He was working on the second one when I called him to let him know we were in town. They turned out awesome! Now I have 2 extra quilts. Trouble is, I have 3 quilts here in the house that need bindings put on. I'll work on it. Our last trip was coming back to town and going to the Panda for lunch.

We then went back to the house. Mom gave me a quilt kit she didn't want to do. It has all the fabric. I will probably do it, but don't know when. I still have a couple that I'm working on. I helped her out and I took her trash out as well as her recycling. Then I came home.

When I got home, Sophie was giving me mouth. I got my betting set up and put another 2 rows on it. I'm now on row 32.


The table needed a new tablecloth so I put the pad down that I used when I was at Sharon's. The colors of the beads show up better.


I should be getting close to adding the white area of the bird. I can't wait for the head to start to show up.

After the 2 rows, I decided to sit and watch a movie with Patrick. It ended weird! Anyway, while I was watching the movie, I was cross stitching.


Really didn't get a lot done in the hour that I was stitching. I added the stitching on the blanket area and the gal. I need to add a few stitching on the sleeve. I am outlining the measuring tape. I need to get more done. I'll work on the outlining mostly. It's coming along.

I'm happy to see that I can be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoying Embroidery Today

 Patrick went golfing and I got a few things done before Sandy came over. We decided to get together today even though the others couldn'...