Thursday, May 9, 2019

It Turned Out To Be A Good Day

This morning I was up and ready to walk. Cherry called and cancelled because of her foot. She has a golf ball size lump on her ankle. So, we decided to wait and see how the afternoon goes.

I played a few games. Then I got side tracked with ordering some fabric for QOV. After that I got side tracked again with genealogy. I worked a little better on my Matheson family as well as the White family. This was interesting. I was working on a White family that really was connected to my White family just yet. It's funny how I have 2 White families going on and I can't figure out the other one.

Patrick came home early to work in the yard. I talked about going downstairs......and then I did. I didn't feel like going downstairs to work....but I did. I actually went down to get the quilt top with the batting and backing (washed the backing). When I looked at the quilt top, I saw it didn't have the stitching around the whole thing, so I stitched all the way around it.......didn't really want to because I didn't make the top.....but I did. Then the next thing I knew - I was sewing again.


A double shot at what I was doing.


I added the star border and then the border after that. I still need to do one more border, but I'm waiting on some fabric to come in before I do the last border. I am trying to decide if I will add another set of star. Now that I'm looking at this, I'm wondering if one of the borders is upside down. I need to go downstairs and look at it.....I really don't want to take a couple side borders off. UGH




Then I came back upstairs and worked on my beading. I got another row and a half in. 


Then when it got darker, I came and watched TV with Patrick. So, I worked on the outlining of the design. I finished the spools, and started toward the measuring tape. I like how much I got done.

Today was one of my better days of being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...