Monday, May 13, 2019

None Stop Day

This morning I was up and ready to walk, but Cherry wasn't ready. She was still having trouble with her foot.

So, I decided not to walk and instead try to clean up a bit. So, I vacuumed, mopped the floor and did laundry.

Then I went downstairs to see what I had going. I decided to cut a few pillow cases for the QOV quilts. I made the mistake of telling everyone that Sandy was doing pillow cases for us. When everyone thought she was doing that, they quit making pillow cases. Never fails. After cutting enough for 3 cases, I looked at my wall. I needed to think about what to do for the panels I had hanging there.


So I played around with some fabrics to see if they would work. I cut off the stars that were above and below this panel.


I think I will do this combination and not the one above it. I cut the strips and have them ready to sew up. I decided I wasn't going to do that. Instead I had to cut 2 batting and 1 backing for quilts. I called Rita and ordered 9 yards of fabric (3 yards of each). I'll pick that up later this week. I also let her know the next time she goes shopping we will need some more batting. I cut out one of the batting and backings for Susy's quilt. I had to wash the backing for her quilt. Then I set up a meeting with her for later in the day.

After all that, I remembered I had to make Patrick some cupcakes. So, I got busy and worked on those. While they were cooking, I was unloading the dishwasher and getting the kitchen cleaned a little.


The recipe said ti would be 48 cupcakes but I ended up with about 30 and 2 brownies.


They are a white cake with brownies in the middle. I frosted them with a peanut butter frosting - where I used coconut cream. It turned out pretty good. I had to wait for the last batch to come out of the oven before I could go meet up with Susy.

I was a few minutes early meeting up with her. When she came in to the store, I ordered an ice tea and she ordered a drink as well. We sat and chit chatted for about 40 mins. Then I needed to go to the veggie place in Chehalis. I got there just before they were closing. I tried to hurry up for them, as I know what it's like when one likes to close up and you have a customer that takes forever! I was there for 5 mins. Patrick had let me know he was heading home after his City Council meeting.

I arrived home and got supper fixed for myself, since he made noodles for himself. It worked out. I had a salad. Then it was clean up time.

Called Cherry to see if she wanted to walk and the answer was "not today." So, I needed to get some time in on walking and took 2 laps around the neighborhood. Then came in the house. At that point, my back was mad at me.

So, I sat down and worked on my cross stitching - all because I boxed up my beads for tomorrow. Sharon and I will be beading together again.


I did more outlining. I was able to get the doll or measuring tape lady (not sure what she is) started. I have the skirt done, just need to do the top part of her. I also got a few more stitches in around the embroidery letters. I will put the letters in when I figure out what color will work for it. It will be soon, since I have most of that area done. The label in the lower left is "Handmade by...." and will be the last thing I do because there is where I put my name and year.

It felt good to finally sit down and work on the cross stitching. It will be interesting what tomorrow brings - there's bowling tomorrow night. At least today was a day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...