Thursday, May 23, 2019

Spend The Day With Mom

This morning I was up earlier than normal. I wanted to be over to moms early so she wouldn't find something to comment on.

I stopped at McD's and Starbucks. Brought her breakfast. It was funny, I arrived and Daisy was outside welcoming me. Mom said she heard the car and wanted to go out. So, I brought in the quilts, food and drinks. Then I found out her cleaning lady was coming today as well. Oh, well.

We talked about the dog falling off the bed. So, we ordered a a pet step stool so she can get up an down the bed easily. Trouble is, it was on back order. If it doesn't get in soon, I'll have to order her another one. We then went through a lot of her stuff. She did like I'm doing. She opened her boxes and decided if she wanted to finish them or not.

While doing all that, we got a call from Dr. Williams mother. They agreed to get a Quilt of Valor for her daughter-in-law who is terminal. She doesn't have long to live. We want to get a quilt to her soon. So, mom and I sat down and did the binding on Susy's quilt. That will be the quilt we give to Theresa. I have the other quilt for Dr. Williams a well. Good thing we have extra quilts right now. I am going to get one more person signed up for June.

Came back home and got a delivery from my sister-in-law Susan. She gave me so really pretty flowers!


2 of the roses broke off in the mail, but I put those in a glass of water.


They are really pretty. I just hope they stay good for awhile.

I put the label on Susy's quilt. I've washed both of the quilts. Now they will go to moms till we need to go to Theresa's. I will try and remember to take the thumb drive with me. I will need to do certificates for both of them when we decide on when we are going to present the quilts at their home.

Things are good. I'm glad to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...