Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Honoring Local Veterans Today

Today it was a day to honor our local veterans. I love our QOV meetings and presentations.

I took a walk with Cherry before heading over the Veterans Memorial Museum. We got in our mile. Then it was off to the museum.

I arrived early to get a few things done. Then a couple of them came in early as well. First Jim and I went over the veterans that were receiving the quilts. We made sure we had enough information on them. Then I started upstairs to see what needed to be done. When 2 more came in, I had them get the quilts. We decided on which quilts were going to be given out. We had 4 to give out, but then Tody didn't make it to the presentation. Ended up being only 3.


We were ready. Had the gals line up behind the table to help with the quilts. The one on the end was for Toby. I have it ready for Aug. now. I also seem to have filled in Aug for Veterans. We have enough quilts to schedule Aug and part of Sept. I have both of them going.

After it was all over, I came home and beaded. I turned on the tapes to listen to the books I got from the library. Sophie didn't know what was going on, so she hid in the bedroom while I was listening to the tapes.


I was able to get a couple rows in. I mixed up the beads again, but it was a little easier figuring where they go. I'll take my bag to Sharon and we'll work on getting them where they belong. I'll schedule that for next week. I have too much this week. It seems to keep going.

I wanted to take Friday off, but oh well. Ethel told me she didn't have a car because it broke down on her. So, she asked if I would take her to moms on Friday. I was planning on not going, but now I guess I'm going. UGH

After I washed the Rose piece I called it done and now it's ready to be framed. I'm going to watch YouTube to see what I need and pick it up so Patrick can do it. I know he won't like that, but I want it done right. lol

At least I can say I was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...