Friday, June 7, 2019

It Was A Rainy Day......

Woke to rain. Called Ethel to tell her I was going to pick her up at 9 am but she told me Anne was picking her up......Not happy. I had told her on Tuesday I would take her to moms. I wouldn't have gone otherwise. Now I had to go because I picked up some bread yesterday for her. Not happy at all. I was still fuming when I got to moms.....AND half the quilters were already there!! We start at 10 am and it was only 9:20 am. That didn't make me happy either. So, I played on mom tablet while the ladies talked in the kitchen before getting to work on projects. That helped calm me down. Mom was in a good mood, and that helped to. About 10 am they all went into the living room and got started on their projects.

I brought mom's quilt top that I'm doing the leaves and stems on.


I added more leaves to this section.


I stitched down some of the stems and then I added more branches for leaves and buds. I realized I needed a longer piece that didn't get stitched under the main stem. I went ahead and pinned it on. I'll stitch it down later. I'm really going to fill this in.


When I was trying to lay it out, Sophie had to check it out. She was going for the pins in the stem. I kept trying to "shoo" her away but she wanted to play.

As it was getting closer to time to leave, mom wanted me to go with her to pick up her batting for her quilts. Come to find out, she wanted me to go with her in my car, drive all the way to the gals place - which is 2 blocks down Jackson Hwy from me - and then take her back home. When I figured out she lived by me, I told her she could follow me and then go home. She decided I could just go and pick up the batting for her and she wouldn't go. I agreed to that. So, around 1:30 pm I left moms, went to the gal house (well know quilter who sells patterns - can't think of her name right now) and then came home. Mom called to make sure I got the batting.

I came home and worked on my cross stitching but didn't get a lot done. Didn't take a photo of it either.

Patrick and I were going out to dinner and a movie, so Patrick suggested that we drop the batting off at Kathleen's house on the way. I called and she wasn't home, but she called me back about 20 mins later.   We took the batting over and then went to Dairy Queen for supper. I got a salad that was really good. Then it was off to the movies. We saw "Pets Secret Lives 2" which was really good. I really enjoyed that. So did Patrick Better than both of us thought it would be. We thought about going to the movie "Rocketman" but then wondered if it would be too far on the "gay" side. I saw the other movie about Queen, and almost walked out in the beginning but then it calmed down. I'm sorry, but I have a hard time watching the "love" scenes. So, we decided we'd wait till it was on TV to see it. That way if it is as bad as Queen started out, I can turn the channel. I love both their music and think they are awesome people.

After we got home, Patrick was watching a show I really didn't want to watch, so I sat down to bead. I was able to get a row and a half in today.


I'm not quiet to the white - in this photo - as I was before. But I'm close. I'm on row 34 now. It relaxes me for some reason. I like to just think of the numbers and lay them out. Then I "sew" them in. I really love this piece and want to get back to where I was. 

Today turned out to be a rainy day off and on. It poured when I went to moms, it quit when I came home. It poured when Patrick got home and stopped while we eat. Got out of the movies and it was pouring again. Now it's quiet. 

After calming down and getting into the "flow" of things, I was better. I can laugh about some of this now. It's all good. Really wasn't worth my time to get upset about how the day went. As dad always said, no one will remember why you got upset, and they won't remember what made you mad. Only I wold remember that, and why? What's the use? So, true. So, it's time to get back to smiling and looking at things on the lighter side of life. And it ends up better, like today - being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!!

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...