Monday, June 10, 2019

My Volunteer Day At The Museum

This morning I called Cherry and we put off walking till later today. Then I was out the door and off to the museum.

I arrived early and Greg had the museum opened up already. I was about 10 mins early even though I was trying to be earlier. I did the walk through on what all I needed to do for opening. It was just Greg and I for a couple hours. Then we had someone come in. It was quiet a lot of the time, but it was busy other times. We had a lot of people come through the museum which surprised the other guy that relieved Greg.  Can't remember his name right now. He would wonder around and I was there at the front desk. While it was quiet, I was able to work on my embroidery.


I finished one of the leaves. Then I worked on the brown branches. I called Rita to see if she had more brown thread. She had more, so I didn't have to ask Sandy to pick it up for me. I really like the colors in this piece. I'm hoping to get this one done. Not sure if I'll give it away or not. Thought about giving the Harvest Wreath away, but then Patrick put that one on the wall.


I had to go and take a photo of the museum's airplane in the show room. It's awesome! I posted it on Instagram hoping to show how great this is.

I worked till 4:30 pm - would have been 5 but there wasn't anyone there. Got home, had supper and then went walking. I've gotten over 8,000 steps. It feels good to be getting that much done.

Now, I'm tired and just glad it was a day of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...