Sunday, June 9, 2019

One Of My Busier Sundays

This morning started out busy and the day just stayed that way.

We headed over to Michael's as Patrick liked the shadow boxes for my embroidery. This time we picked up 2 more square frames and one bigger frame. The bigger frame was for my "teapot" that's really not a teapot. It's called "Three Wishes" and I have posted about that one. It's actually a Turkish Pot. Not one I would like to think about - because I really don't want to be reminded of living in Turkey for a year.


Patrick saw this box on sale and thought I could use it for my beading. I love it! I put my rolls of beads in 4 of the boxes. I figure the first four boxes I'll use for my project that I'm doing now. The Wild Birds beads are a lot and it takes a lot to carry them to Sharon's. This way I can have less to carry.

Then we headed over to the Home Depot and picked up some sprinkler equipment for Patrick. It went really quick.

I was waiting on Jeannette to get here. She was going to have breakfast with me this morning but then she wasn't feeling well yesterday and didn't make it on the fairy. So, she left early this morning and got to Sandy's around noon. We met at Starbucks at 1 pm. We had a good visit and I gave her the 2 embroidery pieces that I had Patrick help me frame.


I took this photo and couldn't get the reflection to go away. I was really amazed at how well Patrick had the glass cleaned. lol I actually helped frame this the other day - not today.


This one I framed today. This is the bigger frame Patrick bought. I got it ready for Jeannette to take to Seminar. She was going to put it in the Show and Tell at Seminar. I almost wish I was going. She was thrilled to be taking them, so I felt good about that. She was on her way to pick Sandy up at the Airport in Portland.

I finished putting the border on the QOV quilt top I was working on. I then had to cut the batting and backing for that quilt and the quilt Bev gave me. So, on Tuesday I am taking 2 quilts up to Bill to be quilted.

We took pictures of the quilts that I have for QOV. I'm going to take 3 of them to the museum tomorrow. I'm working there tomorrow, so it will be easy to drop them off.

I had to wash and prep the Harvest Wreath piece that I did a while back. Then tonight I framed it a well.


I think it turned out great. Patrick liked it so much, he hung it up on the orange wall in Katt's old bedroom. (There is ONLY one wall orange). Katt wanted all the walls orange and Patrick wasn't going there.

Now, my back is not happy with me. It's been a busy day, and I'm about ready to call it good. It's been a day of Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...