Friday, July 12, 2019

A Trip To Moms With Sophie

This morning I was up and getting ready to go to moms. I had a few things I need to do before we get to moms. Loaded up Sophie and my quilts stuff.

I had to get to the Spooner's shop to get some raspberries for Patrick. He's going to make some more freezer jam.


I got a flat because a half a flat was a bit expensive. It was $15 for a half flat and then $25 for a flat. Guess I thought it was a better deal to get a flat.

Then Sophie and I headed to Whalen Quilt Works to pick up my serger. I arrived early but Rita was already there. So, I was lucky enough to pay for the serger and get moving. I was happy to be able to get the serger and not have to come back for it.

Sophie and I arrived at moms. I let her out of the cage. She went straight to the couch. It was 2 hours before I could get her out from behind the couch. Mom and I worked on our quilting. She was quilting Zac's whole cloth quilt. She is so close to getting it done. I worked on moms panels. I was able to add a few more leaves, and finish a couple of the stems.


This is the piece I was working on.

We were watching Prime TV. We decided to take a break and get lunch. While we were fixing the sandwiches, the light bulb in the refrigerator went out. We then tried to figure out how to replace it. That didn't work very well. I tried another light and realized the power was out. So, we went into the quilt room and cut some fabric for QOV. Mom was getting more blocks ready for her stars.

Decided to leave around 2:30 pm and the power was still out. All the way back from moms the power was out. The radio said the power was out from Centralia to Vader WA. That is a LONG distance. When I got home the power was on at home. Called mom and she was still without power. So was Patrick at his work. When Patrick came home, he said the power came on about 30 mins before. Mom called to say the power had come on (about the same time Patrick's work power went on). So, I was lucky to have it on before them. Sophie was happy to be back home.

Called Cherry and we walked early. We were walking around 3:30 pm instead of the 6:30 pm that we have been doing. It was HOT today. It was hot while we walked as well.

After supper I decided to make some cookies.


White Chocolate Chip Cookie with Macadamia nuts. Then I decided to add a little of the raspberry with it. They turned out really good. I must have eaten 4 of them! I really need to quit that!!

I needed some time to finish my cross stitching!


The good news is that I finished it!! I added my name in the bottom left corner. I am happy it's done! Now Patrick will double check it and let me know if I missed something. I didn't see any place I might have missed, so with him double checking me that will help.

It's been a good day of Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...