Monday, July 22, 2019

Days Not Over Yet

This morning I was up and on my way out the door to the museum. First I made a call to my brother, then I was out the door.

Arrived around 9:30 am and Skip was already inside. I kept banning on the door but he didn't notice. Another volunteer showed up and when I saw the lights go on, we were at the gate asking to get in. Skip gave the other guy the keys he needed, then let me in. I put the lunch stuff away. We had 8 people show up before 11 am and we open at 10 am. That made for a good day. One parent came to get some military toys for her son. It's his birthday in a couple days, and she bought him a gift. It was awesome. We had a really good day. I was there all day.

Faye showed up with my 2 quilts that were at Bills. I need to get them bound soon. I'll call Ethel and see if she can bind the one quilt. I need to get the other one done by Aug's meeting. We talked about what we have and what we need to do. We are trying to get the panel quilts done for Sept. We had a long chat about what we need to do and what is there.

Came home and Patrick had a few boxes from moms for me. I went out in the garage and went through a couple of the boxes. I wanted to see what was in them and what I needed to do with them. A lot of them were cook books, and I took what I wanted and then put the rest in a box for good will. I found photos from Japan, so I worked on those. I kept a few things, but put a lot in the box for good will. I really don't know what to do with some of it. Things I made as a kid. I hate to throw them out, but I don't know what I will do with them. One of these days I'll get to the point of getting rid of them. There was a photo of dad when he was in the military and I'll take that to the museum for them to put with the plaque we have with his name on it.  Not sure if I could work there and see him every time. But I want his photo with the plaque.

So, now I'm going to sit and relax. I'll pull out my cross stitching and see what I can get done on that. I need to work on something. I also need to remember to take something to work on while I'm waiting in Tacoma for my appointment tomorrow.

I'm going to quit right now and go be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...