Sunday, July 28, 2019

Feels Good To Be Home

This morning we took Katt out for breakfast. Then we came back to pick up our stuff and head home. It was a long drive - 7 hours. We listened to the CD audio book. This time we were able to hear more. Trouble was, when the car got hot or the console got hot then the CD player would quiet working and say "No CD" which meant we had to figure out a way to get the CD out of the player. We did. What a pain!

We stopped in Grangeview and got something to eat. Then we drove to Naches to get gas. Once we got to White Pass, we stopped to take some photos of the mountain.


I took several photos, but need to load them to my computer from my camera.


They all turned out awesome. I even took a few from the car window as we drove down the road. The best part is those don't have cars coming back up. It was a beautiful day today.

We got home around 4:30 pm and then we enjoyed the rest of the day relaxing. Patrick goes back to work tomorrow. I've got a doctors appointment in the afternoon. I'll try and get the quilt top with batting and backing up to Bill tomorrow. I need to wash the backing and batting first.

I worked on the binding of one of the quilts. I need it for Aug, but then the quilts at the museum will work as well. I need to put labels on them. I don't know who I'm going to say made them because I don't know and Chip didn't seem to know either. After completing one side, I decided to change it up. I don't like stitching bindings all day long. So, I changed to my cross stitching.


I was able to do the side 8 x 10 stitches and then moved down to the next sent of 10 x 10 stitches. I am almost done with those. I found that I miscounted from the edge. I keep forgetting it's not a 10 x 10 stitching area on the left side. It's a 8 x 10 area. That gets a little confusing at first, but once I get that in my head, then I can count the rest. It's hard to see, but the background is actually a light blue, and the white shows up better in real life then in the photo.

At least it was nice to be able to get back to being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...