Monday, July 15, 2019

Getting Ready For Another Cross Stitch

This morning I was up early. I went into the computer room and got my deposits ready for the water. I worked in there for about 20 mins. Then I called Cherry to say it was raining and doesn't look like we will be walking - and I was right!

It rained all day!! I got the cage for Sophie to take her to her appointment. Well, that didn't go over as easy as it did before. She ran down the hall! I had to get her before she went under the bed. Then I had to put her in the crate because she wasn't going on her own. She let me know she didn't like this. I put her in the car and we were off. She did good while we were on the freeway, but she didn't like it when I was on the road and stopping at stop signs. We stopped at the quilt shop to give Sandy her beads and pick up eggs. I didn't stay long because Sophie was in the car. We then headed to her appointment. She didn't like it! When the vet came out to check on her and give her a shot, she wanted to bolt! He petted her and played with her, but she wanted nothing to do with him. She even hissed at him - a small hiss - but she hissed. It was done 3 times. I was surprised. She couldn't wait to get out of there. I won't be taking her for a ride for awhile. I want her to feel like she's staying with me.

I brought her back home and then had to head out to the museum. I forgot my water and came back for it. When I came in the house to get it, she took off down the hall. Guess she thought I was coming back for her.

I worked at the museum till 5 pm. Then cooked supper - which took longer than I really cared for. It was still raining, so we didn't go walking at all today.

I pulled out the cross stitch kit.


I needed to work on the floss and get it organized. It took me a while to figure out the "yarn" that was in each bundle was not for the cross stitch but for keeping track of the colors.


I laid them all out a bundle at a time. Then I wrote on the holder what color they were.


I now have them all ready. I wanted to get started today but it wasn't in the cards. I was getting behind on what I was doing. I now am set to get started, so I'm happy about that.


Before I headed to the museum I went to the Copy Depot to get my pattern enlarged. I got it enlarged but I think I needed to get it bigger. I had a different gal there today. Usually there is a guy that knows me and what I'm looking for. As I was looking at the pattern today - IT'S IN COLOR! - They have the SAME symbols in different colors! Not happy about that! I'll just have to work on keeping it with the right colors.

Now the day is over, and I feel like I really haven't done much. At least I have tomorrow. Planning on doing my laundry and working on some projects that will keep me Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...