Thursday, July 25, 2019

One Long Circle Of Stuff And Quilting

This morning was our quilt group meeting at the shop. I needed to go all over before I got there though.

First on my list was going to Rite Aid to get a thumb wrist band. I had a little trouble finding one but I did. My thumb is in pain because of bowling the last two weeks. My new bowl has been a problem for me. Next on my list was the library. I dropped off the 2 CD books that I finished - actually one of them was scratched and I asked them to put that on hold for me. My next stop was over to the museum to drop off the photo of my father to go with the plaque. I ended up talking to Chip about some quilts he had that were given to him to give to a Veteran. I told him we would do that with Quilts of Valor. He had some crochet pieces that he didn't know what to do with because they needed to go to a Veteran. I told him we would handle it. I may do a drawing or something at our presentations. That way they will go to a veteran.

Then it was off to the quilt meeting. Mom called while I was at McD's getting 2 wraps (one for me and one for her) and an ice tea. I told her I'd be there soon. We had an awesome meeting with 7 of us. I paid for mom being there. I don't think she knew we collected for the meeting. It was fun. There were a lot of tears between members. We talked about death, illness and just whatever was on our minds. I worked on the binding of the quilt that I sewed the binding on yesterday. Now I'm sewing down the other side. I think with the 3 quilts Chip gave us, we will have plenty of quilts for Aug. This one is not in a big hurry now.

Came home and helped Patrick get ready for tomorrow. We are heading to Katt's in Lewiston. It will be a long trip but it will be fun. We will be back on Sunday.

I worked on my cross stitching.


I'm now ready to do the stair step method! It's going to move along great now. I'm ready to get moving on this now.

That makes it a good day to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...