Sunday, July 14, 2019

Time For Another Project

This morning I was up and ready to work on the "Pecan Pie French Toast." I think I messed up by poring the extra egg mix over the toast. It was the stuff that didn't soak in. It would have been better to just get rid of the excess.



I had to put the sweet sauce on the bottom of the pan and after it was cooked,  I flipped it onto the foil.


It turned out okay but to me it was too eggy. I don't care for eggs and I thought it was way too soft, again because I put the excess liquid over it before baking.  It was in the liquid over night .

Patrick worked out in the yard.  I enjoyed the book on CD while working on my beading.....which I messed up on and ended up taking about 5 rows out. I'm now to the point area and that will leave me one more to finish.

We took mom down to Kelso for supper. There was some traffic but not real bad.  On the way home we didn't get 15 miles up the road before traffic stopped. We saw cars flying on the shoulder trying to get ahead of everyone.  Like Patrick said, if he did that the cops would be on him quicker than snot! The car in front of us (after moving over 2 lanes) moved part way in the shoulder and the truck speeding up the should had to stop.  He was not happy, kept reving up his truck. The cars behind him got behind us in the lane.  We got off the freeway and went on the road that followed it. About 5 miles up we saw a RV on it's side blocking 2 lanes.  One car at a time was going around.  We got back on the freeway after that and we were seeing a lot of traffic.  Partly because of the bikers STP race.

We dropped mom off and help move a couple pots, then came home. Cherry called to say the power was out just before we dropped mom off.  We got home to see there was an accident up the road and the power company working on the power.  It was 2 hours after we got home before powrr was restored.

So I pulled out 5 cross stitch kits and asked Patrick to pick one. Then I started to grid it. Decided I had better fabric that was prettier.


 I cut the size of the kit fabric. I gridded it and found it only gave me 1 inch to work with when done. So I cut another piece.


I cut the next piece 3 inches bigger.  I worked on gridding it outside but Sophie was having none of that. She meowed the whole time.  Finally came in and she sat in my lap! So it took awhile but I finally got my gridding done. The went looking for my frames. Now I just need to get my pattern copied and floss separated. That's next.

Today I can say I was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoying Embroidery Today

 Patrick went golfing and I got a few things done before Sandy came over. We decided to get together today even though the others couldn'...