Sunday, August 11, 2019

Actually Enjoyed The Day

Today I slept in. I was shocked at how late it was when I got up. Patrick actually got up before me by about 15 mins.

I got some laundry going - and forgot about it - but I'm still working on it. It's comical here.

Then after playing games, we watched a movie - "2 Fast and 2 Furious." Different then I thought, but not bad. Not a movie I would go see. Not into car movies.

I decided since Patrick wanted to watch a movie, I would work on my cross stitching instead of beading today.


This is the dress of one of the people in this piece. It's coming along great. I'm getting on track with this piece. I like how it's coming along.

I had to cut the batting and backing for another quilt for Faye. I have it ready and will take it with me tomorrow when I work at the museum. She's going to come and pick the quilts up and the batting backing.

Today all in all was a good day. I cleaned out another couple boxes of stuff mom gave me. I have a lot to go through. There was a box of letters that her Uncle wrote to my great grandmother. There were letters to his half brother in there with it. He had so many hopes of what he would do when he came back home from WWII. I just couldn't help but feel for him. He loved his mother and his wife - that he married before he left - and gave up on another gal. He talked about getting a garage in LaGrande, OR and saving money. My heart bleeds for him, because he died within a few months of coming back to the states. He was stationed in Texas, and was getting ready to get out when he found out he had a brain clot that they couldn't fix. I believe he was great grandmother's favorite.

Life is life, we live and we die. But those of us that keep going, can't seem to understand it. Then again, what is there to understand? The good die young, and I still feel for them. I'm working on accepting death, but at the same time, I'm a little afraid of it.

Okay, today was a good day! I really did get through this day with happy thoughts. I was thrilled to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...