Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Got Behind

I just realized I hadn't blogged in 2 days. Once I forget one day, the next think I know I'm 3 days behind. So, today is going to have 2 blogggings, 1 now and 1 later today.

Yesterday is about as far as I remember, so will chat about that. Even then...let's see what I remember....

The day started out pretty good. No appointments, no this or that. Just needed to do laundry, so got that going. Then I played on my games. I have really been hooked on the game "Lilly's Garden" for the past 2 weeks. I love that game. So, all my other games are behind because this one is more fun. Plus I really do believe it's a stress relief.

I got so many texted! One was that my adopted son is having surgery on the 10th, and I will be helping him out there. The next was that my family - a branch of - is having a reunion in Port Orchard, this weekend. Then there was a lot more before the morning was over.

I called mom about today, and told her I would be over at the usual time. Then I checked my email to find out I still hadn't sent the photo of the quilt we can send for the WWII Veterans that are being honored up north. Diane came back with one of the photos and said they wanted that quilt. So, I had to run over to the museum to get it. Got home and boxed it up. Check on the USPS website for prices - $28, and then went to UPS website and signed it. It cost me $20 to mail. So, I got the label and everything ready. It's being mailed today.

I sat and beaded while working on tomato sauce and bread. I went and got a LOT of tomatoes from the garden - and didn't even put a dent into it! Then I started cooking it - all day. It was okay, but then I added some sugar (a bit much!) and now it's sweet. Oh, well, I'll make another batch later. We froze that one.

So, this cooked and I beaded.



It's coming along. This is about row 80. I've really been having fun working on this. Once would think I would get bored with it, but I haven't so far. I do about 1-4 rows each time I sit down. It works for me.

Oh, I know what I did on Monday - it was BE day! Our group got together at Whalen Quilt Works and I didn't have any of my projects with me. So, I took the package of the Shibori Butterfly pattern and cut out the butterfly. Then I sat and chatted. Nothing exciting.

So, I was able to be (for 2 days) Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...