Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Part Of The Day With Mom

This morning I was up and going through all the things I needed to do. I started out my lists of what I needed to do.


While I was downstairs getting stuff together for Sandy and Georgie, I played with the design for this panel. Don't look at the background because that will probably be white. I'm thinking that I might go ahead and have a strip of red - like where the red is on here. The funny part is that the red on here wasn't enough on my thought. That was strips that I had extra of. I will do a different red that I have more fabric for.

So, it started out with getting everything ready. Then it was out the door. First stop was at Staples to get the package out with the quilt for QOV. It's on the way today. I then stopped at Georgie's to give her some fabric for more blocks. Next stop was moms. I decided not to go to the shop first because she needed to pick up her backing as well.

Arrived at moms and she said Daisy hadn't gotten her walk in. So, we took Daisy out - in the rain - where I ended up borrowing dads coat.


Mom was drying off Daisy when we got back. It was so funny! She loves it.

 We got back and then headed over to the quilt shop. I bought the white on white pattern. I actually changed my mind when I saw another pattern Rita had.


This is so pretty! It's on white. It's not on the off white. I told mom to take that to Kathy's to get it basted for me. Not like I need something else to do, but I would like to quilt on this. I am in the mood to hand quilt....but not on a pieced top. Love this new pattern.

After the quilt shop I stopped at Sandy's work to give her some fabric for pillow cases. Then we went back to moms and watched TV while we both worked on the bindings of 2 of the panel quilts. About 1:15 pm mom had to leave to go to her physical therapy. So, I headed home.

Got home and played the CD audiobook. I played a few games and then I got supper going. I had to go to Safeway before getting home. So, I had to put all the meat away in the freezer.

This even we had our Wednesday night bowling meeting. We start on Sept 4th. The secretary - that doesn't do secretary work - is getting paid 75 cents per person. That's a bit much!! I really hate that because she doesn't do the work. Now she is getting paid more than any other secretary in the leagues.

Now I'm home and I need to get my exercises done. I also had to call and make an appointment for another breathing test.....it's almost getting too funny!

At least today was a day I can say I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!



No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...