Monday, August 12, 2019

Spending The Day At The Museum

Today I was spending the day at the Veterans Memorial Museum in Chehalis. That is an awesome museum because the personal parts of the displays. I always see something new and I'm told the cases change from time to time, so one doesn't see the same thing every time they go. We had about 28 people go through today. That's pretty good when one figures the average day is about 15. We have programs that are in there as well, so that brings more people. I think our QOV also brings in more people. We even get people to come back later to see the museum. They are allowed to see the museum when they are awarded a quilt.


When I got home, Sophie has been keeping an eye on me.


I was going through the boxes of letters, genealogy information, and books that mom gave me. I was looking for Orville's other papers and things, that I have SOMEWHERE. I didn't find that but I did find a box of letters. So, I had Patrick bring it in and I went through 2 tubs and 1 box of letters. Of course, Sophie had to climb in all three to see what was going on! I found more letters from great granddad White and letters from my grandfather's brother Irvin. So, now I have more to write about them. I will try and do more letters on the other blog, now that I have the older letters to work with. I was getting into the 1960's and I really want to get as many of the letters before 1950 as I can. I may work on them tomorrow.

Wish at times I had an unlimited amount of time to work on things. Life isn't that easy. So, today was not a day of stitching but it was a day of going through stuff. I will be sending a lot of stuff to my 2 brothers once I get to that point.

I'm hoping tomorrow will bring a day of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...