Saturday, August 3, 2019

Today Is Saturday.....WooHoo

Today I was able to sleep in. I actually slept last night. That felt good this morning.

Then we headed out to Safeway for grocery shopping. We were able to get a few things we needed. I couldn't believe I bought the wrong flour. I was in need of all-purpose flour and got another bag of bread flour. Guess I better get moving on making bread! After unloading, I head out to the museum.

We were there to honor Ret. Lt Col Travis Wofford. We stayed to hear the speech and then we honored him with a QOV quilt. He was teary eyed when we did. Mom talked to him and then I went to chat with him. When I told him she was my mother, he looked at me and said, "It's hard isn't it?" I got teary eyed and said, "Yes, it is." He held my hand for a long time. It felt good to have him hold my hand and comfort me.

Came home and had supper. Then we were out the door again. Patrick had worked all afternoon while I was at the museum. So, we were now off to bowling. My thumb was ready to bowl again. I bowled crappy! I bowled a 158, 155, and I didn't pay any attention to the last one. I had 110 in the 8th, so I wasn't happy with that! Patrick bowled really good. He is having trouble with his new bowl and it doesn't break like he wants it to. I agree, that bowling ball isn't for him.

So, it was NOT a day to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...