Friday, August 9, 2019

Visiting A Friend

This morning I was up and ready to go. I didn't leave that early but I did leave around 9 am. I went to Safeway to pick up a pie for Sharon and Bill. Then I was on the road to their place.

Since they live in Olympia, it is a ways to get there. I know she likes it when I come up, but it's hard for me to find the time to go. I have so much on my plate, that I just can't seem to visit everyone that wants me to come see them.

Bill has lost some weight and was looking okay. I'm a little worried about him, because he's not doing all that good. He worked on my quilt while I was there. He left for an appointment while Sharon and I were beading. She fixed my bead that was broke, and she helped me with getting the replacement in. She did all the work while I watched. I need to cut my threads closer to the beading so they don't show through. Then I took out one more row to get to the other bead that broke. I was able to put that in and get moving again. At first we were trying to figure out what row I was on. I finally figured it out and got the row back in. I'm now on 65/446. I will start 65 when I pull my beading back out of the bag and get started on it.


This is Sharon's finished piece.

This is where she is on the Snowman piece I bought. The pattern is under the piece. It's really pretty in true life.

I told Bill about getting Best of Class with our quilt. That seemed to perk him up. He was wondering which one it was. He asked a few questions about it. I told him what I knew. I also told him I would bring him the ribbons that were won. He was happy about that.

I then headed home to find traffic was traffic! It was going along great, then it slowed to a stop, then it would pick up, and then we would stop all over again. Not my favorite thing going on. I got off at Harrison in Centralia and took the back roads, till I got by Patrick's work and then got back on the freeway. Even the back roads were stop and go. I had to wait on the light for 3 changes. So, all in all it took an hour compared to 40 mins. I brought back Faye's quilts as well. I'll hook up with her later this week.

We went out to eat. I didn't care for my food, but I like the place we went to. I will not get chicken fried steak there again! The gravy was awful as well as the mashed potatoes. I did like the meat. I ate some beans and the strings were still on them....I almost cocked on those. Patrick had a good steak. Like we said, it's always good to "try something new" and I did, but I swear I will not get that again! I should have gotten the hamburger I wanted to get when he asked me where I wanted to go. Oh, well.

Came home and played some games. I was tired after a long day. Driving up to Olympia, sending the day with Sharon, and then driving all the way back....I just wanted to sleep!

So, I can't complain, I was actually Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...