Monday, July 13, 2015

An Applique Day......Getting There..

Today was  weird day for me. I went to help Ruth pick her berries again today. While we were picking berries, I heard a thud and then a truck rolling over something. That something was the orange cat, Cheeto that comes to visit us often. Ruth lives off Jackson Hwy, and this truck didn't even try to miss Cheeto. We thought he/she was dead. I ran up to the neighbors to tell them but no one answered the door. So, when I got back she moved. As the neighbor across the street tried to get her, to take care of her, she had moved again. Now I have no idea where she went. I thought she was dead, but she limped away, and when Chris tried to pick her up, she hissed. So, I'm hoping she's just damaged and not gone to a place to die. Ruth saw it, and I heard it, but saw everything after. I love animals and it bothered the crap out of me. I'm still a little upset over what happened. The jerk driving could have tried to avoid her, but NO, they wanted to hit her! Ticks me off!!

Came home after walking, and I started laundry. Then decided to watch the TV shows I've missed. So, I pulled out my applique and started working on those. ---- Felt bad about Cheeto that I picked Charlie up and brought her in the house for TLC.


Charlie isn't looking so good either. I think her time is coming a lot faster than I hope. She's 17 or 18 years old. She's been having trouble walking, so I'm getting worried about her a well.


I was able to get started on the body of the bird. It's coming along pretty good. I can't wait to get the white on the head! I'm going to do the pole first I think.


I was able to get all the basted parts of the Baltimore Liberty quilt block. I need to work on the star that goes in the middle. I'm still working on the bigger firecrackers. This is going slowly but I'm back to working on it. I looked at my notebook on this quilt, and I started it around 2013, so to only get 3 blocks done in that time, that should tell one something! I'm SLOW!! I'll get working on this and the baskets again as soon as I have the two eagles done. I'm getting closer.

We have been saving water when we can. I put a small bucket in the shower for when we take showers. Patrick and I had filled the bucket 2/3 full (each). So, I took the water out and put it in the bucket that Patrick uses to water the plants. I figure it's a way of using water that would go down the drain otherwise.

Life is good, I've got quilting tomorrow, and hopefully by tomorrow my spirits will be back up. I know life does what it does, and things happen for a reason. May everyone be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...