Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Not What I Planned - Day

Okay, I know, I said it many, many times.....DON'T PLAN YOUR DAY! I didn't listen or pay attention. So, for the past week and a half my plans didn't plan out.

I had planned on being home all day and finishing that quilt.....actually that has been my plans for the past week and a half. Instead...this is the way my day went.

Went for a walk with Sherry at our usual time. Got in some good walking. Then while we were walking I received a call from mom. Yeah! I KNOW! When am I going to quit answering her calls?!! Well, she wanted me to come and help her box up Al's stuff. Told her she can have an hour of my time. She changed her time from 1 pm to 11 am. That means NO time to get started on the quilt top. I headed home and called mom to tell her I would be on my way shortly. NOPE, had to call Sharon and that took awhile. We decided I would go up on Tuesday. Then I finally made it over to moms. I arrived around 10:30 am. Then we headed over to Al's place. It was a big mess! Boxes everywhere but nothing in them. So, I started boxing up stuff. I pulled stuff out of the kitchen and putting them in the boxes. Threw away old food. We were there for an hour.

Then we headed back to moms. Pulled out a box pizza that she had. We cooked it, but not as long as it should have been...because she had to go meet the others at Al's to get everything out of the apartment. I was loading her game on her tablet, so I didn't get out right away.

Once I got home, I had to clean up the kitchen and get some laundry in. By the time I was ready to go down stairs, it was already 2:30 pm.......so much for sewing today. I decided to watch a couple shows that I had taped. So, I pulled out my beading.


It's not a "TaDa" but it's close. I was able to get this much done.

I was on my Hay Day game and one of the gals told me about a good book - First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones. I loaded it up on my Kindle. I went through my Ibotta account and should get a credit from there as well.

Now it's time to call it a day.

But first I wanted to say, it's been an interesting couple weeks. I found out a few days after Al passed that David Christensen passed away a couple days later. He was the quilter in the area that was well known. He was a smoker as well. Anyway, everyone is asking me when the funeral is, and right now I don't know. No one does just yet because his partner, Bill, hasn't decided yet. I met Bill's brother and he is having a hard time with having to call Bill. He didn't like the lifestyle, so he can't call and tell him he's sorry for the loss. Each to their own. I try not to judge. I liked David and he was a good quilter. He will be missed.

Too much death around me. Too much going on. I've found out that I'm stage 3 with my Kidney. There are 5 stages. I just need to stay away from stage 4. So, now I'm having to stop taking some medications and I have to stop taking vitamins because they aren't regulated and don't know if they could be a cause as well. I think it's my Crestor, but I'm still having to take that. Working on losing weight too. Life is a pain some times but I'm doing fine and I'm TRYING to do what I WANT TO DO. So far, not so lucky but I'm working on it.

WHEN WILL I LEARN NOT TO PLAN MY DAYS?!!

At least - for a little bit - I was able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting.

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...