Friday, November 9, 2018

It's Friday!

Yesterday was a busy day. So busy that it wasn't really worth writing about. Between going to the quilt group, moms and then Dian's, it wasn't a good day.

Today was a good day. I was glad to have a day at home. Mom called and tried a couple times to get me over there, but I wasn't planning to go anywhere.

I worked on my Sourdough bread today. I let it raise over night and it turned out awesome. So, I worked on it today.


I was able to get 2 small loaves done. Gave one to our neighbors, as we have a deal. They get me Bread flour and I bake the bread. So, they get what I make. It works out. I don't throw out any bread Patrick doesn't eat, and the neighbors get to eat my end results.

Then I started working on a Pastry Dough. I got it going. It took more flour than it was called for, but I think it will work out fine. I had the butter grated and waiting in the refrigerator. So, I rolled it three times and now it's sitting in the frig to raise a little and mix the butter in with it. I'm hoping it works out. I'll have Patrick help me tomorrow with pastries. I want to do some pie filling tomorrow to put in the middle and Patrick will have a dessert for work.

Then it was time to try and get working on the quilt top downstairs. I pulled out the pieces that I needed to cut first. Then I got moving on the second set of colors.


This is the flying geese pieces. I sewed them together wrong. So, I was ripping them out and now they are set to be sewn together again. I just wish I would have figured that out before I cut them. So, now I'm having to sew on the bias. I was able to cut the blue and off white pieces fine. They are almost flying geese. Need to trim them to size and then it will be fine. The next step for this is sew the pieces, then sew the pieces together again, and cut them for the flying geese. Once all that is done then I can do the blocks and get the top sewn together. The blocks are stars. I would have loved to have had another couple hours to work on this, but that wasn't in the cards.


And then there was Sophie - she was a busy cat today. Think she was giving me trouble for not being home the last few days. So, she was all over the place till I went downstairs and then she climbed up on the box with the batting and sat down. That was extra batting, so it's now her batting place.

All in all, today was a day of being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching - Happy Cooking!!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...