Thursday, November 17, 2011

It's Been Awhile

It's been awhile since I posted here. I was trying to think of what I've done that is worth posting....like I said, boring....

Okay, here I go. Thursday (at our TAS Haven't Missed A Stitch group) last week I started marking the Rose Arbor pattern from Pacific Rim Quilt Company, designed by Nancy Lee Chong. It's a 24"x36" wall hanging that I'm making for a friend. I'm hoping to have it appliqued by the first of December. Nancy has some really cool quilt patterns that don't take long and are fun to do. Mine is done with a variegated fabric. I choice that fabric because it goes from one color to the next from salvage to salvage. I feel in love with the possibilities this fabric has.


I basted this quilt on Friday at the TAS Myron's Girls group. That night I started the applique.


Before the TAS Haven't Missed a Stitch group today, I had this much done, along with one bud in the corner. I could have gotten more done, if Charlie wasn't around. (As you can see)



http://prqc.com/2faq.htm is where you will see the actual pattern (permission to use this from Nancy Lee Chong, owner)

I am planning to take a few more pictures tomorrow that will show the progress. As you can see from the above photo's - the colors go from a light green to yellow to pink to red to purple. In deciding on this fabric I liked the way the flowers change shades and how it shows a rose coming from a light bud to a full purple color. I think it will be very striking when I'm done. The background is a white on white with a rose pattern to it. As you can see the variegated fabric also has a flower pattern.

The more I post the more you will tell I'm a very bright colored person. I do not care for dull colors. quilts that have a "pop" to the work is what I look for. One of these days I would like to do a "fall" color quilt. It is out of my comfort zone, but I will be a challenge on color. I have been thinking about colors I would use  and found that the best place to look is in nature. So, the other day, I fell in love with the colors in the maple tree outside our back door and took a picture.


In the meantime, my two quilts that I'm quilting are on hold. I would like to have both of them done by February for the quilt show. My mother wants to be able to add my quilts for the "mother, daughter" hangings they are planning on. I will ask both friends that will be getting a wall hanging, if I can borrow the wall hangings for the show.

If you love to applique and want something quick and easy to do, try out Nancy's 2 Fabric Applique Quilts because they are a lot of fun. This is the third one I have done since June. The first one I did was her Butterfly pattern.


This is hanging in my entryway. I love the colors, and it works in the hallway. Plus I like Butterflies and have collected them over the years.

Today was fun at the TAS Haven't Missed A Stitch group. We talked about having a Christmas party and gift exchange. Since meeting on the 22nd of December, so it will be like having our own little Christmas that day.Quilters love to eat as much as they do quilt, so we are having a potluck. Should be exciting. I have found TAS to be very helpful and fun! I find I'm interested in finishing things, as well as wanting to see what everyone else is doing. There is just something about being with a group that has the same interests as you do, doing the same things you do. It's encouraging and fun at the same time.

So, lets see if I can make my goal of getting this Rose Arbor wall hanging done by the first. I'll try and take pictures as I go, so you get the idea of what all it takes to make this quilt top. Till then.....

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...