Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day....Thank you Vets!

Today I was up by 7 am and went walking with Ruth. She actually was out walking already, thinking I took the day off because of Labor Day. Nope.


My Aunt and Uncle were in town, so I baked a Pineapple Upside Down cake for our visit at my folks. We planned on leaving around 3 pm because my Uncle said he would be leaving (from the Seattle area) around 11 am. We all figured it would take them about 3-4 hours to get down here, with traffic lately. Dad called around 2 pm to say they were there. Guess it didn't take as long as we thought. So, we headed over there.


This is where I was as of last night. I fixed the wing on the upper left. I read the pattern, and found it states to add 2" more to the pattern. I did, and then finished it off.


So, between cooking and going to the folks, I got this much more done. I took it over for my Aunt to see. She loved it! I showed her the other patterns, and found out what patterns she liked the best. I'm going to do one of them for her for Christmas. She's done so much for me, I figure I should get her a quilt done.

I did notice that I got the pattern "backwards" on which piece should have the binding on it. I keep having the back fabric with the border. I should have done it the other way around. I'm not worried about it, either way the binding will go with the quilt. I noticed I did the same thing on my butterfly that is hanging in the living room. Guess that's where the dyslexia comes in. (Ass Backward!) I'm smiling....I know I'm right!

We spent the afternoon and evening with my family. We played cards. I won one game and Patrick took the win away from me on the first game. My own fault, I kept Jacks and should have gotten rid of them before someone went out.

Life is good. I will be working on this quilt tomorrow. I'm also going to get more stuff for the quilt show to sell. I'm having so much fun.

Oh, tomorrow I need to work on mom's background for her quilt. She gave me a quilt and the backing for me to square up so she can take it to Kathleen A to quilt. So, now I have another thing to do other than get this quilt done. Sometimes I think she does it to me on purpose.....then again, who knows.

In the meantime, I'm working on this, and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...