Thursday, September 24, 2015

Quilt Meeting Day

Today was a pretty good day. Busy but was good. I was able to walk this morning.

We had our group meeting today. We had photos taken, but they were done by another member, so I don't have them yet. I gave up my "coordinator" position and was able to present Cil with $653 to the Lewis County Breast Cancer Survivor group. We also cut the fabric for the blocks we will be doing for the quilt. I have a Rose block to do. That is going to be a little while, as I don't have time right now to do it. Way too much on my plate right now.


This is finally quilted. Tonight I will be putting the binding on and hope to have it all done tomorrow. I'll have it to the quilt shop tomorrow afternoon.

I worked with Rita at Whalen Quilt Works to get my class set up. I'll be teaching this class next month. I was really surprised one of my group members signed up for the class as well. I'm really excited about getting this off the ground. I'm excited and apprehensive about doing this. Maybe once I get started it will be easier to do.

Katt left today, and I really enjoyed having her here. I will miss her.

Tomorrow is another quilt meeting. I'm going early since it's at my folks house. I need to get copies of the pattern mom and I are doing for the class in Nov. I'm going to start on the block this weekend and get what I can before mom gets back. Then mom can finish it up and we can schedule the classes.
She's teach part and I'm teaching another part.

Looking forward to seeing what more I can get done! Happy Quilting.

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...