Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Preparing For Thanksgiving

This morning we work to no power. Patrick got a call at about 4 am to see if he could check the power at the plant. We didn't have power, so he couldn't. His worker had to go in to the plant to make sure everything was still running. Patrick and I re-awoke at 7 am. Patrick couldn't get any water or power, so he went to work. Just as he was driving out of the driveway, the power came back on. Later I found out the power was out for most of Lewis County. Patrick made the comment that it was a good thing it went today and not tomorrow.

I got up and waited a little bit before I went to the neighbors. I enjoyed our chat and told her we would be around this weekend if she wanted me to come over. Otherwise her grandson would take care of her.

I came back with Miss Kitty. Brought her in the house and she slept in my lap for about an hour. I played my games. I was going to get started on the pie crusts but decided to enjoy her. We had a good visit before my folks came. Then she took off.


She was so curled up on my lap that I couldn't see her face.

Mom and dad came to help me with prep for tomorrow. Mom did the stuffing, while I worked on the pumpkin pie. While that was cooking we worked on the green bean casserole, candied yams, potatoes (peeled and in water), the pecan pie and then the rolls. We have the rolls in the frig till tomorrow. We tried another recipe. We are all ready for tomorrow now. Patrick brought home a pizza for all of us. Mom and dad left after that. They will be back tomorrow. Mom had wanted to bring something, and this was a way for her to see we have enough. It seemed to work.

I worked on my cross stitch when I could. I didn't get much done. I was able to get about 100 stitches in.


I did get "mail." I loved the Lugana fabric. Not too crazy about the other, but that's okay. I am going to work another SAL on that one. I don't want to start it now, but I WANT to start it now. Not sure how long I can hold off....be fun to find out!

I will be happy when everything goes great tomorrow. I'm hoping things will work out. I do miss not having my children around, but I did get to spend time with my daughter a couple weeks ago. I won't be seeing Phil tomorrow because Emily is still not feeling well. I wish her well! Prayers are going her way!

Life is good, there is a LOT to be Thankful for, and one I am every thankful for is my "talent" to be able to do embroidery, quilting, crocheting, knitting, etc.

Have an AWESOME day and be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...