Friday, March 30, 2018

One More Day To The Funeral

Today I was up before everyone else. I needed to get ready for my doctors appointment.

I was out the door as Patrick cooked eggs and bacon for the family. They all slept in today. Wish I could have. Instead, I was on my way to the doctors - appointment was made a couple months ago. After my doctors appointment, I met with Katt at the Dress Barn. I tried on one dress after another. Katt was taking pictures and sending them to Patrick. Of course he would show them to my Aunt and Uncle so I wound up with 4 people giving me a thumbs up or a thumbs down. UGH I worked out okay though. I bought a black and white dress that actually looked pretty good on me. After that, we went to PayLess and bought some shoes. Katt got a pair and I got a pair. The shoes I got were flat shoes that feel almost like I'm bare foot.

Came home and then headed up to Costco. Had lunch up there. Then we picked up a lot of the stuff for tomorrow, like plates, plastic silverware, and napkins. It's a potluck, so it will be interesting to see how much food we get. I'll go over at 11 am to help Christine (sister-in-law) getting everything ready.

We then headed over to mom's house. I still call it mom and dad's place. I'll get used to that eventually.

We all had dinner and then mom pulled out all her quilt tops and quilts. She asked everyone what they wanted. So, by the time we were all done, everyone had picked the quilt tops they wanted, as well as a quilt. We even made sure Phillip and Jeremy were able to be included. Phil will be there at the funeral but couldn't come to the gathering. Jeremy just couldn't come.

Tow of the nieces brought there young children. They are not as well behaved as we would like, but that's life. I just hope they aren't a problem tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the day we have the funeral services, then we will have the inurnment in June. We all had a hard time figuring out a date that would work. So, it's going to be in June around the 22nd.

I wasn't able to be working on my crafts today. I do miss that. I'm hopping things will get better. In the meantime, I hope you all are very Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...