Saturday, February 2, 2019

Spent The Day With Mom And Working On QOV National Sew Day

Today was QOV's National Sew Day. Mom came over around 9:30 am. We were registered to work on quilts. Patrick was gone to the college for a seminar on retirement.

Mom came over and we spent the day downstairs. She brought some off white fabric to cut for the 9 patches. That would work great to use up the 4 1/2" squares we had. But first I stitched the binding on the second quilt that needed to be done for Wednesday.


After we were done we stitched all but a corner on this. I'll finish it tonight or first thing tomorrow. Then I'll wash it.

Before we stitched the binding down, we worked on other projects. Mom cut out the off white fabric for the 9 patches. We got them to go with the 4 1/2" squares that we had.


We had 3 stacks of sets.


We sewed 18 blocks together (from the other stack that was missing from the above photo). I think by the time I get the rest done there will be around 30-40 blocks. I'm going to use some of the blocks to do the panel quilt top. I need to figure out how to get it bigger, but I'm getting there Give me a little bit of time and I'll figure it out. I have a few ideas.


We were working some ideas out.

While we were cutting and stitching I got a call from Pat K (Brazilian embroidery) telling me Pat Campbell was in the hospital. She had a stroke on Thursday and is doing okay. She's getting up and walking a little, but she can't talk well enough to communicate. It took her awhile to tell PK that she needed to get a hold of me to let everyone know. We cancelled our meeting on Monday.

Neither mom or I got a call that we won anything. Sent Faye a text to see if she won anything and she didn't either.

All in all it was a great day for being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...