Monday, September 23, 2019

A Day Of Waiting....

This morning was running around to make sure I had everything I needed to leave.

I started out with going to the bank, then headed over to get Dan. He was staying at a friends for Dungeons and Dragons game. I picked him up early, then we headed to the doctors office. We were actually 30 mins early. At least there was a nice Aunt and niece there to talk to. That helped pass the time a little. We ended up waiting an hour (from his appointment time) till he got in. It was another 45 min wait while he was in the appointment. I forgot to take along my embroidery - and man! I could have gotten a LOT done if I took it with me! UGH We then went to Arby's and got something to eat. After that, I took him home.

On the way back, I needed to get gas. Then headed over to moms. I took her the paper and then I also took some veggies for her. I fixed her computer page she was looking for.

Came home and had a message from a veteran that he wanted a quilt. I went ahead and got him signed up. Let Barbara know. Then I called Sharon because our beads came in (missing a set of beads) and found out Bill has been falling a lot. He's not doing good at all. He has a hard time standing up. Then I found out her older daughter has cancer and isn't expected to make it. She really wants to go to her daughter but she can't because Bill can't care for himself. She's really not ready to go through this again. I called Kathleen Amendt to see if she could help us out with quilting the tops. Not at this time, she's busy. But I can take a quilt top over as long as I don't have to have it or have a time limit on it. One at a time. I will drop one off so she has it when she has a break.

It's been a day of good and bad news. It's been a day I wish at times was different.

So, I decided to take a little bit of time while Dancing With The Stars were on, to do some beading -


I finished row 99/446. I am now on 100, but only about 1/4 of the way done. I really wanted to get a lot more done, but I'll work on it tomorrow. I have time to work on it this week. I'm getting excited for the bird to finish up.

I'm not really "happy" that I didn't get as much done today. But I am close to being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...