Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Getting Caught Up - Part 1

I thought about posting....then it never happened. So, I'm going to do this in 3 parts. Starting with Monday and working my way to today.

Monday started out pretty good. I got everything ready to take with me to the museum. I usually don't take something to work on, but this time was different...and a good thing I did!

Arrived at the museum at 9:30 and Greg had already had the place opened up. So, I just walked right in. Usually I have to use the back door to get in.


I love this on the wall!


I had to get a photo of this. I had missed it for over a year. I really love the stain glass work in this one.

At 11 am we had 2 people show - one was a member and the other was a "guest" of the member. So, no charge. They had the museum all to themselves.


So, I pulled out my embroidery and got to work. This was my starting point. While the ladies were looking in the museum, and the UPS driver arrived, I decided to try and do some more damage to this piece.


I worked on the leaves, and I found I like this better this way.


By the end of the day - yes only 3 people showed up - I got more work done on this. I worked on the branches and leaves.

So by the end of the day - 4 pm - I called it quits. Greg said he's opened and closed by himself several times and he would be fine. So, I left.

Got home and got supper going. Then headed over to Nick and Joanne's to drop off Patrick bowling bowl he couldn't use. Nick gave him his. It will be interesting if it works for him. Nick just needs to work on his swing.

Then it was off to pick up Dan at his place. He is staying with us because of surgery. Came home and fixed him supper. He had to eat because he wasn't due at the surgery till 12:45 the next day. We sat and watched TV before calling it a night.

It was a good day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...