Sunday, December 8, 2019

WWII Dinner At The Museum

This morning I slept in. I do believe I got Patrick's cold. I'm not doing really bad, but I do feel it. My voice is going. My noise is running but other than that, I'm good.

I worked on my beading and was able to get a few more rows done before I left for the WWII Dinner at the museum.


It's usually packed, but it wasn't as packed as in the past. More of our WWII veterans have passed on. We did have a good turn out though. This is the line for dinner.


This is the few WWII veterans that did come to the dinner. The women in the photo are "revitor (sp?) woman" that worked on the planes, tanks and other vehicles for the war. We honored all of them (except the woman) with quilts. Today we honor 2 that we hadn't honored yet.


Gilbert Proske and Robert Gerard were honored today at the dinner. We were thrilled to give them a quilt and they were thrilled to receive them.

Came home and then it was off to bowling. I bowled pretty good considering. Patrick, not so much. We won 3 games. I bowled a 178, 169, and 165. I'm working on getting better. I was quiet throughout bowling. I hated watching the Seahawks game because we really didn't do good at all. I don't know what their problem was, but not good. At least we bowled better than the Seahawks played football.

It was a day where I could be - for a short time - Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...