Friday, January 17, 2020

Quilt Meeting Day At Moms

This morning I was up and ready to go...to find it snowing. So I had to get the car running. Poor Patrick, mom called while I was in the shower, then Ethel called while I was getting the car loaded to go to moms. Mom called to say we were meeting today anyway. Ethel called and wanted a ride to moms.

I picked Ethel up and headed to moms. There were 6 of us. It turned out really nice. We talked about how one of our members has made it uncomfortable lately. She's been that way for the past year and a couple of the gals today were saying how hard it was to enjoy themselves when she's there. I agreed. I have a hard time with her there too. It's going to be interesting how we proceed with the problem.


I finished the wing of this one. Then I basted the bottom feather. I will work on this. I'm still having a hard time with finding the fabric for the other eagle! You know......Looking all over the place for the fabric. I put it in "a special place where I will find it." Guess what! Not so!! I've looked all over the place, gone through all my eagle fabric - nope - looking in the fat quarters I have - NOPE - looked in the draws where I have some special fabrics....NOPE. I don't know what I will do! I had a lot of fabric of the other eagle and now I'm not sure what I will do. Those wings aren't easy to do! At least I can work on this one. I'm not going to do the flag and stuff that goes with the eagles. I'm just going to do the eagles and get them ready for my brothers - IF I can find the fabric to the others.

I brought mom home with me and we went to Red Lobster in Longview. It was a good trip and we all enjoyed ourselves. Mom and Patrick made it easier to chat. They are getting along a lot better. Mom had a good time. She paid for Patrick's Birthday gift. That was really nice of her. Patrick and her talked about a lot of stuff. It was a nice dinner with family.

Came back home and I got my cross stitching out. I was able to get a lot done.


I outlined the rabbit. I started on the nest, but realized I have more to add to the nest before I could do that. I worked a little more on the cat and the greenery by the cat. I also got some purple added. It's coming along nice. I found that I like doing the outlining as I go. It makes it easier to know if I finished all the stitches. I will outline the border here pretty soon. I like the way this is coming along It makes it easier to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...