Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Spent The Day Sewing

Yep, you saw that right. I was sewing today. Not my most favorite thing to do. I need to make a couple more quilt tops to get moving on our February meeting. Fingers cross I can get my butt downstairs to work on them.


I was able to finish the quilt top for Betty's grandson. It's not my favorite, but then I don't usually like scrap quilts. This did turn out okay though. I will get the backing and batting together to take to Bill when I have to go up and get my beads from Sharon.

Patrick went to the movies while I was working on the quilt. I didn't mind. It wasn't a movie I really wanted to see. I may want to see it one of these days.

Came upstairs and pulled out my cross stitching. I decided to pass on the beads today. I did want to work on my beading but didn't want to put my back in a lot of pain. Working on a quilt top takes a lot out of my back. Beading has me sitting straighter and at times that hurts the back as well.


I did some outlining on the stuff I could. I worked on the rabbit in the middle. I started on the tail of the cat as well. I' trying to use up the thread when I use it. I don't want to have a lot of small pieces all over to use later. I would rather work a piece a know will be used up. It's hard when there is only a couple stitches in one spot and then it's used again way up in the piece. I haven't decided if I will try to get up to the spot before using that floss. It will be a wait and see thing. At least I'm getting a lot done. It will be interesting the more I go. I'm working on finishing areas as I go. I hate to have a missing piece that I have to go back and fill in. I did find a couple of those while I was outlining it. I'm working on it. I sometimes get off, but when I thought I was off, took part of it out, I found out I didn't do anything wrong. Hate that! One would think I would double and triple check it to make sure....and yet I did. I just wasn't looking at it right. What fun! Sophie sat in my lap while I was trying to stitch on the rabbit. It does get interesting on holding the frame while she's under it. She even moves, trying to tell me to move my stitching and pay attention to her.

I had to change the time of our presentation this weekend. I wasn't happy about it, but things happen.

It was a happy day of being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...