Thursday, February 6, 2020

A Day For QOV

This morning I was up and enjoying the morning. Then I called Cherry and asked if she wanted a visitor. So, I headed over to her place. We had a cup of tea and enjoyed a long chat. We talked for a good hour and some.

Came back home to find Patrick had a pile on the coffee table with the remark, "Need your help, if you don't mind." That was fun in it's own way. He wanted me to see if I wanted a few things that were on the floor. He took out stuff from our "blue room cabinet" where we keep my cookbooks, pens, cards, and whatever we ever need. I told him he could get rid of the pile he had on the floor, because I wasn't using them. The funny part is that he was watching "Buried Alive Hoarding." No surprise there, because he watches that a LOT. So, today was clean the cabinet out. He brought me all my cookbooks, and all the boxes of recipes as well as the box of different recipes collected in hand writing. I got rid of about half the book.  Then I put all the printed recipes from the web in recycling. Trust me - I collected recipes from everyone and everywhere. I haven't used them in a long time because I go on line and pint the recipe I want. So, I kept the fun ones and got rid of some I've had for years and never did. I found some sourdough recipes that I want to try, and put them on the top of the box. It's amazing at how much I got rid of.


Sophie decided I needed some help with my recycling box. So, I worked around her. I was amazed at how much I got rid of. Sometimes I got into that part of me that wanted to keep it, but I got myself seeing the TV and I decided the "heck with this" and got rid of the recipes that I had for years and didn't bother with. There were recipes I would eat but Patrick wouldn't. So those went as well. I kept all the hand written recipes and will go through those later. When the were hand written, those mean more than any of the others.

Then it was time to get stickers on the flyers for QOV. I got all this printed and put on in time for supper. Then I was getting ready to go to the Grange to do a presentation. I then noticed I had to be there at 7 pm not 7:30 pm. So, I hurried up and went to Walmart to get some photos to go in the album. Head to Ethel's and picked her up. We then went to Oakview Grange in Centralia.

It was like going back home. It hasn't changed. The Grange people have changed, but not the Grange. I used to be a member. I then got up and gave a presentation on our group. They will discuss whether or not they will donate to us. I'm pretty sure they will. But it was more fun going back to the Grange. We were able to show 2 of the quilts that are ready to be given out. I'm still trying to get a hold of Betty Lou's grandson.

I wasn't able to get any of my crafts done. It wasn't a day to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...