Monday, March 16, 2020

Coronavirus Has Stopped Everything In Washington

Today I woke to find that our governor decided to close everything except grocery stores and pharmacies. So, it's now a Washington State issue. We have all been asked to stay home. Which is exactly what we did. 

My other son texted asking if we had an extra thermometer. Told him we did and he could come get it. When he arrived, he stayed outside and Patrick handed it over. We joked and said we didn't have it, but he laughed and said he might. So, he didn't stay long. I texted later and he said he was around 100 and that he can still go to work. He has to check it before he goes to work. If temperature is up then he can't go to work. Told him to take care.

So, while we "hunkered" down, Patrick worked outside. I did laundry and worked on my beading, getting 7 rows done today. Plus calling and chatting with mom. She's doing great too.


I am getting closer. I think I'm now at 373/446. Not sure though. Anyway, I was able to get the eye done today on the third bird.


It's black so it comes out pretty good. I do like the way this is coming and can't wait to finish this!

When Patrick came in, I then worked on my cross stitching.


I was outlining all the flowers on the two sides. I will work more on the right side. It's coming along great.


Of course I had to have some help. She wasn't crazy about me wanting to get up.

I am working on my crafts. I'm not getting much else done at times. I'm still in that weird place. I think part of it is that we are coming up on my dad's anniversary of passing. He will be gone 2 years on the 25th. It was on the 17th that we were sent to the hospital to be with him, even though he wasn't with us much then.

Life keeps going. If we get it, we get. In the meantime I will find things to keep me busy at home. I can say at this point, I'm Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Working On Embroidery Today

 This morning, I took my time getting to the grange. I took my "goldwork" piece with me. I wanted to see if I could finish it. I w...