Monday, March 23, 2020

With The Virus Going Around - I'm Still Crafting

This morning we were up and relaxing. There really isn't any thing we can do. So, I decided to keep busy.

I started out with doing 2 rows on the beading.


I was listening to the news while beading. I just can't sit and listen to the news. I get too jittery. You wouldn't think I would be jittery since I really don't have anything to worry about. I just get sad by hearing all of the deaths. I just hope it doesn't hit my family. I know some of my family is in Seattle, but the good news is that I haven't heard from them saying they have it.

After about 2 rows, I went downstairs.


I wanted to get ready for getting new carpet. I have to clean out my cabinets, but Patrick said not to worry too much about that. We can just take the stuff out of the room for a short time. I did get stuff in boxes. I took out the stuff in here. I left 2 quilt "kits" of fabric and pattern for 2 quilts. The top container has QOV fabric. The bottom one has 2.5" squares for another QOV quilt. I can use those for 2 different kind of patterns. I'm okay with that.


I cleaned out this area too. All that's left is my threads. It's easy to find.


I then worked on labeling the rest of the stuff I had. I added fabric to some. I even made sure to put a few things away! Woo Hoo! lol


The good news is, the table top is cleaner and less crowded. The container right in front is a container of all my quilt group pins. I collected them over the years. These are all 30 plus years old. I even have a quilt to show them off in. I still have more work to do.

After a few hours of cleaning - and I didn't even get to the draw on the other side that has scraps! I will have to go through those and see if anyone wants them. lol

I came back upstairs and fixed supper before finishing another 2 rows on the beading. Once that was done and the news was over, I did my back exercises before cross stitching.


I worked on the birdhouse again. I started working on another bird that is right there on the birdhouse (right side). That's the tail. I did another YouTube (FlossTube) of all my kits. I thought I had all of them for the video but I'm pretty sure there are a couple others around too. I am happy with what I've done today. I worked hard.

I worked hard on my quilt room - long way to go - and I worked on both beading and cross stitching. I keep busy with my projects to keep me sane. I'm not sure I can say I'm staying sane, but I'm trying. It's a different world when you have to stay home. The Governor of WA has finally decided to make everyone stay home. It was needed because no one was listening to him plead with the state to stay safe and not gather in groups. We had the same problem as CA and FL with people going to the beach and parks. Very few made sure they were 6' away from others. So, it's stay at home for the next 2 weeks. The fast foods and some restaurants are going to close without having drive-thru. It's going to be interesting. There will be times I want to go out to eat, but can't for a long time. UGH

I pray this will get over with soon. I really do want to get out and eat at a restaurant again. I want to see my friends and see how they are doing. I really want to get out and see what's new in the stores. But that will wait, and I'm going to be patient. I have to! I have been through times like this in Turkey as a High School student, and I got through it then, I can get through this again. May God Bless us all! At least I can still be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...