Wednesday, April 29, 2020

A Completely Unexpected Day!

This morning I really couldn't sleep very well. I finally got up and then was able to play games, but really didn't get a chance to.

Mom called and we chatted. I went downstairs to get a few fabrics together for my niece to work on the eagle quilts. I texted and told her to let me know when she's coming back up. Then Rita at the shop called to tell me mom's fabric was in. Mom called and said she got the message and was headed there, after she just got back from the bank. Then I decided I would work on some sewing.


I started on Susy's quilt block. It should have been easy!! Anyway, I had this much done and Patrick was going to the dump. I decided to tag along. We went to the bank - 15 mins later - we were off to the dump. We waited another 5 mins. Then he dumped everything out of the truck. It was only $11 worth of trash. Then we stopped at McD's for ice tea. I told him I missed not getting that when I went to the meetings.

Came back home and worked on the rest of the block.


My block ended up being 10 1/4" x 10 3/4". Not square! So, I kept taking it out and getting as close as I could to 10 1/2" x 10 1/2". It's still a little off, but I'm leaving it that way and giving it to Susy, so she can trim it. I won't trim it. It will work out better for her to trim it.

Once all that was done, I got a call from one of moms cousins. We chatted for 1 1/2 hours. We were chatting about her upbringing. It was interesting. I shared what I knew about her birth, but it wasn't much. I called mom and she called her later and chatted as well. We both were happy to have found her.

Then I got to work on doing more of Orville's letter. I posted 6 more letters. It will be a while before I get them all done. At least today I was getting a few more posted. I have way to many letters to copy! I have them on a thumb drive so I have them all ready. It's getting there.

Now it's time to call it a day. So, I'm not going to be working on anything else. At least part of my day was almost Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...