Tuesday, April 7, 2020

At Least The Sun Was Out

Today was a quiet day.

Faye texted wanting to know if she could come pick up the backing and batting I cut for her. I asked her to give me an hour and then she could come any time. She came at 11 am. I had that and a few yards of fabric for her. She got the extra fabric from the red bolt. I also gave her some white on white and white on beige fabric. That should keep her busy for awhile. We chatted 6 feet away. I started out with the mask on, but took it off when she stood so far back. It felt good to see her! I've been missing my friends.

Then I decided to work on my beading. I put a row in, ending up taking out 1/3 of the row. It then went good for awhile and then I messed up again. Kept doing a row over twice. Not good. So, after putting 2 rows in, I gave up. I called it quits.

Came to the living room and decided to work on my cross stitch. I almost messed up on that.


I worked on the butterflies. Then I worked on the outlining in some areas. I was taking some out but not as bad as the beading! I am hoping to get this done soon too. I was laughing at Patrick, saying I had 2 things that are really close to being done. Can you believe his comment was, "Guess you need to start 20 more projects then." We both laughed. He knows me well. May do the Mayflower one next. I really do want to do that one. I may even put the family names around the border when it's done. I need to get my floss ready for it.

I couldn't believe I saw an article in the paper about our I-5 Toyota! They are asking the Governor to let them stay open!! Why?!! They are not a business that is necessary! On top of that, they have enough money (Heidi is RICH!) that they can sit it out like all the other businesses! The small business people around here may end up going Bankrupt, and they will still be there. Not right, and should have even be asking the City Council to approve it!! So disappointed with that business right now!

We took a walk and enjoyed the weather. Thank you, sun, for showing up! It felt so good. So, in the end I did have a day of being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...