Monday, April 27, 2020

We Finally Got Out Of The House

Today started out early. We wanted to head to Tumwater for Costco. We hadn't been up there in awhile, so we planned a trip up there.

Off we went! We had 4 shopping lists for the trip. We shopped for our neighbor, mom, Phil, and us. We arrived early. We were in a line for a very short time. I don't think we had to wait more than 2 mins. They had the wall marked for where we had to stand. They wiped down the carts before they gave them to us. We got in and it wasn't very crowded. We did have a couple places were people were grouping up, but we were careful during those times. Patrick and I wear a mask. There was a 50% chance of people wearing masks. They did have more there then I have seen when we go to Safeway. After getting everything on the list (and then some), we headed home. First stop was moms, then Phil's and then putting the neighbors stuff in the garage. We the put all our stuff away.

It was about 1 pm by the time we got back home. I put stuff away, then opened my mail. I got my package of beads! These are the ones I got on eBay and were shipped a week after I bought them - go figure!


This was 30- 5gm bags! I really did get a good price for them. I ended up going through my beads and getting them into tubes - which I ran out of. So, I was able to put a couple in my bigger tubes, and then use the smaller tubes. But still didn't have enough. I filled a few tubes. I got my bead list up dated. It took a little bit but I'm doing good with keeping my lists updated. I know what I have and what I don't. When I use them, I take them off the list and then when I'm done, put what is left back on the list. I then ordered my beads from High Street Bead Company. I found the owner to be awesome! She's been beading for 20 years, and she told me I can ask anything I want from her! I'm so thrilled to have someone to chat with.

Then I went to get some beading done. The news was repeating again, so I put my headphones on and listened to a book while I beaded. I was able to get to 86/207 rows. Almost half way!


After a couple hours (maybe that long), I went to work on my cross stitching.


I was able to finish a couple "blocks" and work on more lines. Then I went and added some flowers where they go in the middle. It's going along pretty fast. I was able to get about an hour and a half in. It's coming along pretty good. I just have to figure out, at time, where I am compared to the pattern. I do like it. I just don't know what I'm going to do about outlining the flowers. I don't want to have the flowers disappear. Yet, then again, it's all seeming to disappear at times. I think the colors are too light and on a white background it gets lost. But at least I can see it across the room - so I guess it's not that light after all.

It was so nice to get out of the house! We wear the mask when we stopped at each person's place. It was nice to just get out. I was enjoying the rest of the day being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...