Friday, May 22, 2020

Thinking Day!

This morning we were woken by the phone ring at 8 am. He never did tell me who called, but then he's getting crank calls lately.

I played for a while. Got laundry going (never ending!) and cleaned the cat litter (oh what fun!). Once all that was done, I was trying to decide what I wanted to do. I moved my station for beading to the other side of the table and not at the end of the table. Partly because the lighting isn't any good at the end where it faces the living room. We really do have a small living/dining room area.



Patrick brought me some egg shell padding from the garage. I was telling him what I needed for beading when I have a ton of colors. I put this together today. We were talking about it, and I like this. I told him I needed something that I wouldn't get get my Tweezers don't get caught in. So, he was looking on line and found a water color palette cups. So, I order 48 of them. We'll see if that works. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than $100 for a padded board.  



I worked up to 49/107 rows. I wish I could show it. I'm not real happy with it, but Patrick likes it. I wanted more detail, but it's "sketchy" for me. I know better next time. 

I've been thinking about all this stuff going on. I'm getting emotional all over again. I'm not sure I feel safe going to MI soon, but I need to go. It's dad's 80th Birthday! I really need to go. I'm not sure if I'm thinking about my dad and that's got me emotional or if I have those weird feelings that something isn't right, and something is going to happen. Time will tell. 

Now I have to think of what I'm going to take with me to work on. I figured I will need to take some applique with me. That would be easier to work with. I may even take the bird to work on in embroidery. I should take 2 things in case I change my mind or decide I want to do one over the other. I will have to get that ready. May try and do that this weekend - oh, yeah, that's tomorrow! UGH. I need to decide what applique work I want to do. I need to make sure I have needles, thread, and scissors. I always forget one thing I need when I'm doing embroidery or applique. I have been known to show up without the piece to work on or even the fabric to cut the design out of. I really need to pay attention when I'm doing it. 

Now I'm going to do my exercises and then go work on my cross stitching. I'll show my work on that tomorrow. Or you can see it on Instagram. That will keep me in line to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...