Monday, October 17, 2022

A Day Of Embroidery

 The day started out with me stopping at McD's for tea and coffee. Then on the way to the grange. I arrived to find Sandy II there. She came from Ocean Shores. We had a good chat and I showed her the piece I was working on for the guide. She helped me with what I needed to do. Trouble was, I didn't realize there wasn't instructions for the small flower. Which meant I was on my own. 

We sat and chatted for awhile before Sandy I came in. A half hour later Cindy arrived. 

I was able to work on all the greenery. I had most of it done before I left today. Sandy II left about an hour earlier than we did. 

I had to go get us a pizza for supper. Then I headed to the bowling alley. We did win the quarter!! 

Came on home. Debbie stopped by to get backing and batting. We talked about the fabric we need for backing. I need to place an order this week. I will do that tomorrow or the next day. I want to remember that for tomorrow when we get back from Olympia. 

I decided not to play so much with games and work on finishing the designed embroidery. 

I worked on the flowers around the outside. I will finish that up tomorrow and then work on the French knots that go around the center piece. THEN I can put it back in the mail and get it out of the house. I didn't want to wait till the last minute and this way I can get it out to Charlette. I'm not sure I like the colors but it's looking pretty good. I just hope they like my work. 

This is interesting because I actually am trying to finish this. I'm also finding myself busy to get a few things done. I need to work on the ornaments as well. As much as I would like to get another QOV top done, I'm not there yet. BUT I am getting closer to wanting to get another top done. i may do that this week as well. EVEN THOUGH I have about 6 projects in different stages! I hate that! 

TODAY WAS FUN BEING HAPPY STITCHING/HAPPY QUILTING!

Red Sun due to the fire smoke!


No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...