Monday, December 19, 2022

Day 18/9 - Back Home - At 2 AM Today

 Yesterday was a day of travel. What is there to say about that. We were off the ship by 9 am. They had it so well done, that it was easy to leave. We got on the bus to Houston Airport. That driver was spooky!! He was tailgating as well as passing everyone! I believe he was speeding a good 10 miles over. We did get to the airport at a good time. But we couldn't change our flight to an earlier one. So, we had to WAIT 3 hours before we could drop off our luggage. Patrick found a place down with the luggage return area for us to sit...and sit....and sit. When the time was up, we went to the Southwest area AND it was CROWDED! People barking at each other! It took about 20 mins to get through the center line - which everyone was trying to cut into. We loaded the suitcases and then went through security. Good thing we has Pre-check. Then we sat some more. We couldn't leave till 6 pm. I played games and Patrick did what he does - read a little. 


We went through Houston's airport to find some supper. I have traveled all my life and I will tell you, Houston is the WORST airport I have ever been to! It's not updated! It's not easy to get around. It's a major pain in the rear! If I was President Bush, I would be embarrassed to have my name on an airport like that!

It was time to load on the plane - Patrick paid the Business Class price. DON'T DO IT! We were supposed to have first choice on seating. YEAH, NO! There were over 18 people who were "early pre boarding." We ended up in isle 7! That's the farthest I've ever been on Business class. We were number 2 and 3 to board!! There wasn't a seat available till row 7! Some of the pre-boarding people were older but could walk fine!! They have figured out how to work the system. 



We arrived in Las Vegas around 7 pm. We were due to leave around 9 pm. Time was changed to 9:20 pm. So we had time. We played slots for a bit. I won another $150, but we spent it by playing that out. So, we only spent $40 in the beginning. We didn't wait long after we were done. Patrick picked up a pretzel and we had that before it was time to board. We were 2 & 3 again. We did get to row 3 this time. There were still people ahead of us in the pre boarding. Some of them are people with children - which could walk on like everyone else. One was a mom and her daughter. Nothing wrong with either of them. They got on the plane before everyone else. Oh, well. We know better to spend extra money on trying to get the front seats. NOT WORTH it!

We were finally on the plane out of Las Vegas! We arrived in Portland at 11:30 pm. Leaving the parking lot at about 12:15 pm. Having to wait on luggage and then the Red Line to get to the car. It was $190 for parking 2 weeks. Not bad considering. 


This was Patrick trying the bugs! That was Mexico I think. It was surprising to see him try those!!


Two sisters from Ukraine that played on the ship the whole time. They were in different places each time. Really good!! Worth listening to.


 Getting our photos done after the formal night. It was funny doing this! We had a few jokes going around! lol 


Me swimming behind Patrick in Mexico! That was the day I jumped in with my clothes on! I was getting a little sick and needed to get in the water to calm my stomach! It was fun though. 

We did have a good time and would do it again. The only down side is the traveling to get to the ships. If we could just do like some of the older people do, and be close to the docks, it would be easier to just go. But I know we will do it again. It's too much fun not to! Plus we met some really nice people that were awesome to spend time with!


The best people to be spending time with! We played games and did things together as well as separately. It's an awesome group of people!

Now, tomorrow I need to get busy and get my ornaments done! I have to have at least one done for Christmas if not 2. I also need to get Kim's ornament done. Trouble is, it's doctor appointments for the next 2 days. I will get moving on getting them done. It wasn't a day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!




1 comment:

Anne Kirby said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed yourselves, and what a wonderful picture of you two!! Thanks for taking us along on your cruise!!

Working On Embroidery Today

 This morning, I took my time getting to the grange. I took my "goldwork" piece with me. I wanted to see if I could finish it. I w...