Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Went Fabric Shopping Today

What a day! I slept for a little while then got up and went to my PT appointment. I had to call the One Touch (for blood sugar tests) and ended up asking them to call me back. I waited an hour before heading to my PT. While I was waiting for him to come out to get me, I found they called me back. I didn't hear the phone ring and trust me, I had it with me the whole time. 

Went through my PT and then stopped to see mom. She was on her way out to the church. She helps give food out to the poor. Her and Nancy. Nancy called asking where she was. I told her I kept mom up and she was out the door now. 

On my way home I stopped at the museum and picked up a quilt hoop and 2 quilt tops. Then I stopped and got a burger. I'm tired of trying to figure out what to eat since Patrick is having a hard time with it. He did decide he wants pancakes tomorrow. I want waffles. lol 

I found these beautiful flowers on the counter. They are my Mother's Day flowers from Phil and Emily! So sweet!! I love them! Thank you. 

Came home and helped Patrick out in the yard. Then went downstairs to cut batting and backing for 6 quilt tops. Three were ones that Connie has ready. I ran out of the red we had for backings. I'm getting short on the blue as well. I needed to cut 2 more reds. So, I called Heavenly Quilts to see if they had a bolt of red in the 108" wide. They did. So, I asked Patrick if he wanted to go on a road trip. I figured I better get some fabric to hold me till I could order more. We had supper first and I took some asparagus to our neighbors in the back yard. They gave me some sweet corn seeds. I may take some to Phil. I don't know if Patrick is going to plant them or not. 

We headed over to the quilt shop. It's in Onalaska about 20 mins from us. I got carried away! lol 

I bought the rest of the bolt of both reds. I also got the last of the blue - only enough for 1 backing. I'm thinking I'm going to add it to the fabrics we have for quilts. May not use it for backing. I haven't decided. There were 8 and 13 yards of the backing red fabrics. The group is getting a big donation from me! When we came home I had to go back down and cut more backing. Now I'm washing them. When it's all done, I will have 6 quilt tops ready to be quilted. Woo Hoo! We need more quilts! I will try and finish the challenge quilt tomorrow. Not sure how it's going to be. I'll get back to Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...