Wednesday, June 14, 2023

A Good Day For Our Veterans Memorial Museum QOV Group

 This morning I woke with the sun. Tried to go back to bed but that didn't last long. I would love to have dark curtains, but Patrick has always like the light coming in the window so he can see where he goes in the middle of the night. Me not so much. 

Patrick had his list of things to do. So, we headed out. First he loaded the truck with garbage to go to the dump. Then I loaded the truck (cab) with the quilts and a box to take to the museum. We dumped the garbage and then headed over to moms to get her garbage that goes to the dump. Then on the way to Phil's to get his garbage. His garbage filled the truck up. Off to the dump one more time. Next stop was car wash. He wanted to get his truck washed since we have the special. Last stop was the museum to drop off the quilts I put labels on and collect the box from the Ferndale Quilt Group (QOV). Patrick helped me figure out how many quilts we have now, 22. Which is good news. 

Came home and opened the box. Low and behold - there were 6 quilts! I had to get more labels ready to applique on the back. They were wonderful with giving me the name of the maker and quilter. I got started on working on the labels. 

This was Bertella Hansen's quilt. She did 2 of them. I need to get the names of the others who worked on the following quilts. 

There are 3 similar quilts but they work for me!


All three by the same person. 


It doesn't help with the carpet being beige and trying to take a photo when the sun is going down. 

Ferndale is by Seattle. So, we had to do the mailing. Otherwise I would have to fight traffic to get up there and back. It would have been an all day trip - just because of traffic between Tacoma and Seattle. 


Once all these were labeled. I was good to go. 

Then I decided I needed to get some beads ready for the angel ornaments. I'm going to change the colors of the dresses and that took a lot more work then I thought it would. Now I'm ready to start work on the beading again. 

That's what makes my day when I'm Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...