Saturday, October 28, 2023

Our Last Presentation Day - This Year

 Today I had to load up the car with quilts and stuff for members to work on. I gave Diane her paperwork and all is good for now. 

We had our presentation and checked to see when we would need to be available for Nov 11. 

Quilts were put our and ready to go. We had a good turn out. 

It was nice to have a full house for 9 veterans. They were all having a good time. Veterans kept the quilt wrap around them when they sat down. It was awesome. 


DOUGLAS LETTEER,  ARMY, CHRISTINA CLARK, ARMY, RYAN TISI, ARMY, BILL HARRIS, ARMY, BILL SCARBROUGH, NAVY, DREW JONES, ARMY, DONALD KREBS, NAVY, LYNNE GIFFIN CARMAN- BARROTT, MARINE, ROBERT KETCHUM, ARMY.

We had a fun time. We also received some small quilts from Smiley for us to raffle off when we have our presentations. That will go on for a little while. There must be about 10 quilts in the box he gave us. We are done for the year. With the exception of being part of the Nov 11th ceremony at the museum. We will honor 5 move veterans. We also have to be at the LC Commissioners meeting on the 7th. Plus we have our potluck. But the big presentations are done for this year. 

Afterwards, Debbie, Connie and I went to Dutch Brothers to get our drinks. We were able to get an extra 100 points. I ordered a drink for both Patrick and I. Then I had to go to Walmart (ugh) and pick up potatoes for supper. I made homemade fries that turned out really good. The hamburger paddy wasn't as good. 

Then I took the rest of the day off. I sat and played games while watching TV. Called it a night. Not quiet being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching! 


No comments:

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...